Location: Sacramento, California
We are looking for an IT Strategist to join our Sacramento-based team. The primary responsibilities of this position will be:
Recommend and implement IT solutions to support business operations for external clients. Assess client requirements and seek opportunities to apply technologies to business processes. Advise on the functionality, costs, benefits, and implementation requirements of technology solutions. Apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments and contribute to the development of new ideas and principles. Solve uniquely complex problems while working under consultative direction. Speak for the organization to internal and external clients regularly and work on long-range programs and objectives. Provide advice to the organization in expertise and play a role in overall functional strategic planning.
Supports top management in IT strategy formulation, IT strategic plans execution, strategic process improvements, and communication of IT strategies to all stakeholders. Analyze business performance, industry trends, existing or new regulatory requirements and their impact on IT operations; make recommendations on alternative courses of action, including risk assessment, capital investment, and acquisitions needed to align IT strategy with agency strategic plan.
- 5+ years’ experience enabling business through IT implementation, with growing responsibility to enterprise IT Strategy.
- 2+ projects with hands-on development of an IT Strategy to establish a roadmap to achieve a target Technology or Enterprise Architecture state.
- Strong IT Strategy definition capability; able to express the methodology used to publish an enterprise roadmap to achieve incremental change and benefit.
- Strong best practice knowledge of at least two of the following domains: data, infrastructure, access channels, security, applications, and integration.
- Ability to articulate and defend recommendations made.
- Able to understand and practice sound management techniques to get strategy team work done within defined schedules and cost with appropriate quality of scope delivered.
- Experience facilitating and working well with C-level personnel to develop a vision and lead the group toward achieving it.
- 2+ years working within any of the following industry segments to deliver solutions: Healthcare, Government, Energy, Finance, Utilities, Transportation.
- Experience training others in IT Strategy definition, development, implementation, and value realization competencies.
- Customer references for implementation of solutions that met or exceeded business value for solutions delivered.
- Willing and able to train clients to be self-sufficient in replacing the consulting capability with internal resources.
- Advanced knowledge of strategic planning concepts and frameworks, business issues and concepts, research methodology, general management and financial analysis
- Ability facilitate
Education, Certification, Training & Experience:
- BS in IT or Engineering-related degree OR equivalent experience
- Certifications in any related business or technical competencies desired