Organizational Change Management (OCM) Communications Specialist
Location: Sacramento, California
Requisition Number: RQ-2018-00922
Delegata is seeking a business solutions architect to build upon our current capability foundations. The individual should be strong in business solutions across multiple industries, primarily service organizations typically found in State government. Additionally, the business solutions architect should be experienced in multiple solution specialization areas, such as those listed below:
- Business Processes and Workflow
- Business Architecture
- Strategic and Short-term Business Planning
- Business Value
- Application Design, Development, and Implementation
- Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
- In-house, Cloud, SAAS solutions and maintenance and operations
- Portfolio and Program Management
- Organizational Change Management
- Creating methodologies for Business Solutions
- Designing repeatable processes, solutions, and methodologies for future re-use
Large-scale business solutions ($100M) are a plus. Desirable industries include:
- Health Care
- Retirement Services
- Investment Services
- Service industries
- General Business Operations (Finance, Administration, Human Resources, Communications/Marketing)
- For this position, Manufacturing and Product Development industries may have limited value
Responsibilities will include, but are not limiDelegata is looking for an Organizational Change Management (OCM) Communications Specialist to join our Sacramento team to play a key role in ensuring change initiative projects meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change—including various changes to processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that minimize employee resistance to change. Candidate will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization, and greater proficiency of the changes that impact employees in the organization to increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI, and the achievement of results and outcomes.
The OCM Specialist will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. S/He may also provide direct support and coaching to frontline managers and supervisors as they help stakeholders through transitions, and s/he will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
SPECIFIC TASKS INCLUDE:
• Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
• Create change management strategy
• Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
• Lead communication efforts to engage senior leaders, manage stakeholders, and mobilize
• Commitment to implement a change initiative
• Conduct competency assessments for C-level and senior management executives and evaluate and ensure user readiness
• Provide coaching and mentoring in Organizational Transformation to C-level and senior management executives so they can more effectively lead change efforts, communicate and make necessary decisions
• Leverage existing OCM methodologies with Delegata best practices to develop education and training plans and to facilitate workshops with C-level and senior management executives
• Architect and configure training programs, providing requirements to Training Material Developers to define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
• Coordinate efforts with other specialists
• Identify, analyze, prepare risk mitigation tactics
• Identify and manage anticipated resistance
• Integrate change management activities into project plan
• Assess the change impact
• Manage the portfolio and change load
• Track and report issues
• 5+ years of experience leading organizational change management strategy, planning, development, and delivery associated with enterprise changes of structure, systems or processes.
• At least two cases where OCM principles and practices were applied for a complete lifecycle project
• Refined communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex subject matters to multiple levels of recipients
• Professional demeanor and acute ability to problem solve
• Change management knowledge
• Change management experience
• Business acumen
• Complimentary field experience – project management, human resources, quality and improvement
• Experience in leading business areas and project teams to define and implement business impacts for process and system changes
• Experience in meeting planning and facilitation
• Knowledge of Organizational and Cultural Change Management best practices
• 3+ years experience defining enterprise or organization Vision and Strategy documentation interactively with client leaders
• Consulting experience specifically with public sector clients in CA State Departments
• OCM or Organizational Change Management Professional (Prosci) Certification
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university OR equivalent experience
• Has methodology for delivering OCM capability or is willing to learn and use a methodology for consistent implementationted to:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Will participate in customer delivery process flow analysis and process redesign along with the appropriate team members.
- Share best practices and be consultative to clients throughout the duration of the project.
- Discover and analyze customers’ business and technical problems and connect the appropriate solution that aligns to client needs.
- Produce detailed functional design documentation to match client requirements.
- Co-create specifications with project team.
- Help shape the product roadmap by communicating back client requests and desires.
- Share best practices and be a trusted advisor to clients throughout duration of projects.
- Conduct discovery sessions with prospects and customers.
- Provide current best practice and 3rd Party solutions alternatives as part of the functional design document.
- Participate in training design, documentation and delivery efforts in concert with the Project Manager and other team members.
- Participate and lead, when needed, project meetings with the client or client’s staff.
- Act as a subject matter expert for solutions.
- Mentor customer and partner teams to ensure success and best practices.
- Create proposals and support client procurements as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Ten years of experience communicating with business subject matter experts to obtain and comprehend information and requirements, with the ability to analyze requirements and formulate strategies.
- Ability to actively facilitate, participate in, lead and coordinate information gathering meetings, fact-finding meetings, working sessions, status reporting, documentation of effort, presentations and general communication on an ongoing basis to ensure project success.
- Demonstrated experience developing the implementation plan for technical solutions using project management methodologies.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience.
- Experience re-engineering workflows and business processes to maximize efficiency.
- Experience with Systems Management Technology.
- Experience in application and/or database development.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication/relationship skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to communicate effectively with the customer.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities.
- Self-motivated with strong self-development ability.
- Experience working in and with multi-cultural teams and clients.
- Formal training in methods used for sales, marketing, management, project management, data and business intelligence, strategy, governance, process, and/or performance management would be advantageous.
- State/Government experience.
- Related certifications are desirable (PMP, Prosci, etc.).
Education, Certification, Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MIS/MBA desirable.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Delegata is a premier consulting and systems integration firm specializing in business Solutions, Enterprise Architecture, Project Management, Application Development, Process Alignment, PMO, Organization Change Management, Technology Migration, Planning and Analysis.
Delegata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Delegata does not sponsor H1B visas.